Dr. Audencio Alanis received his medical degree from the Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon Monterrey, Mexico in 1978. After moving to the United States he did surgical residencies at St. Francis Medical Center, Trenton New Jersey/ Hahnemann University in Philadelphia, and St. Mary Hospital, Waterbury, CN/ Yale University, New Haven, CN. He received surgical oncology training at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. Dr. Alanis is certified by the American Board of Abdominal Surgery. He is also a member of numerous medical and surgical Professional associations including the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons and S.A.G.E.S.
Dr. Alanis has worked in Texas since 1986 and today 95% of his practice in Bariatrics. He has performed over 3000 Bariatric cases both open and laparoscopic procedures, including lap bands, roux-en-y, and sleeve gastrectomies. Dr Alanis is a general surgeon who in addition performs several other non-invasive laparoscopic procedures such as Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, Laparoscopic Ventral Hernia repair, Laparoscopic Nissan Fundoplication, etc. His determination to bring the best to his patients is a value he takes very seriously. To help meet this goal he works diligently to stay abreast of the latest information about bariatrics and frequently attends educational opportunities.
- Amercian Obesity Association
- American Hernia Society
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Abdominal Surgeons
- American Society of Bariatric Surgery
- Harris County Medical Society
- Hispanic American Medical Association of Houston
- Houston Academy of Medicine
- Inter-American College of Physicians and Surgeons
- International College of Surgeons
- Texas Medical Association
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons