Doctor Miranda graduated from Miami-Dade community college with highest honors and distinction, and later obtained his bachelor’s degree in biology graduating with highest honors from the Florida International University in Miami, Florida.
He then moved to Pennsylvania to pursue his medical education at the Pennsylvania State University where he obtained his medical degree in 1997.
Dr Miranda then returned to Florida to further his training graduating as a general surgeon in addition to completing a year of vascular trauma clinical research from the University of Florida at Jacksonville. Finally, Dr Miranda completed his surgical specialty in Laparoscopy, endoscopy , robotics, including bariatrics from the University of Texas Houston. Dr Miranda strongly believes extensive training is imperative for optimal care of his patients.
Dr. Fernando is bilingual, speaking fluent English and Spanish.
- American Board of Surgery (2/2004 to 2/2014)
- Advanced Trauma Life Support – Instructor (2000 – current)
- 2003-2004.Fellowship in Minimally Invasive Surgery University of Texas at Houston / School of Medicine
- 1997-2003 General Surgery Residency, University of Florida
- 1993-1997. M.D. Pennsylvania State College of Medicine. Hershey, PA
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Bariatric Surgery
- American College of Surgeons
- Society of the American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeon
- American Society of General Surgeons
- Harris County Medical Society